On the 21st June 2019 Remit Group hosted an employer discussion event titled, Apprenticeship Levy: two years on and what the future holds.
This insightful event brought together an audience of HR and L&D specialists. During the morning we spent time with variety of industry specialists and great employers whom took the time to talk about their experiences over the past two years and shared with us their forecast of the future landscape for apprenticeships.
From tips on effective 20% off the job training, to overcoming the challenges of launching an apprenticeship programme and engaging stakeholders, to thinking about apprenticeships designed for the future of your business, we wanted to delve in to the opportunities that apprenticeships can offer business and how employers of all sizes can get the most out of their apprenticeship investment
Key note speakers included:
- Russell Butcher, Senior Manager- Education and Skills, Starbucks, ‘Apprenticeships’ evolution over the years – an employer’s perspective”.
- Fraser Ingham, Sales and Marketing Director, SkillsFirst, “Establishing a trailblazer group and End-point Assessment – the experience so far”
- Simon Ashworth, Chief Policy Officer, AELP “The apprenticeship levy, a game changing opportunity, but are employers really in the “driving seat” – understanding the key risks for the apprenticeship programme which lie ahead.”
- Tasha Jenner, Learning & Development Manager, Integral UK Ltd, “100 in 9 months, the challenges of launching an apprenticeship programme”
- Plus, a special guest discussing “How to design apprenticeships for the future of your business”