To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone our HR Recruitment Assistant for more details on 0115 9759550
Location: Derby Academy
Summary and Main Purpose:
To train, guide, inspire and support learners through effective and engaging block training. The combination of practical and classroom based training will deliver skills that are transferable to the learner’s workplace and will supplement their online theory learning ensuring the timely achievement of the learner’s qualifications. To be involved in curriculum writing
- Liaise with Apprentice Programme Regional Managers, assessors, staff, employers and learners.
- Deliver and facilitate training that encourages accelerated learning and results in new knowledge and skills.
- Manage and support the learner during their time at the training centre to ensure progression
- Work within Remit guidelines ensuring all activities are aligned to current best practice.
- Work with key stakeholders to evaluate and modify training and development solutions in response to delegate satisfaction and key stakeholder feedback.
- Define, implement and monitor administration processes for block release training to ensure effective and efficient operation of the Programme.
- Develop practical training resources for block training delivery.
- Share responsibility for the security and general upkeep and housekeeping within the Remit training facility.
- Carry out ongoing Health & Safety checks of the training facility and update records as necessary.
- Report any accidents/incidents according to Remit procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality as appropriate in respect of the learner and their workplace.
- Ensure agreed training schedule is carried out and resolve any issues arising from training delivery.
- Manage the learner’s conduct during block training.
- Implement the Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity policies at all times.
- Facilitate on line examinations and ensure Remit invigilation process is adhered to.
- Maintain professional standards – self/learners/facilities.
- Monitor and review learner issues on a regular basis, liaising with assessors whenever necessary to limit the number of early leavers from the programme.
- Manage and complete administration within given timescales including block reports, written assessment marking, delegate satisfaction results, expenses, hotel bookings, holiday requests, reports and any others required.
- Ensure technical knowledge is kept constantly updated by way of self-learning and company supported CPD.
- Work as part of the Remit assessor and training team and give feedback and offer ideas and suggestions for improving team performance.
- Liaise closely with the assessment team to share information on learner progress and development during technical training blocks.
- Liaise with the Internal Verifier to ensure Awarding Body requirements are met.
- Research the automotive motor industry on a regular basis to keep abreast of market technologies, developments and trends.
- Any other duties reasonably requested by Remit or your Line Manager.
- Relevant Light vehicle maintenance and repair vocational qualification.
- Maths and English at equivalent functional skills level 2 or above
- Health and safety qualifications
- D32/D33/D34, ‘A’ and ‘V’ awards
- Recent relevant industrial experience, minimum of five years in motor vehicle academic or vocational field.
- Ability to motivate, inspire and develop young people.
- Teaching or Training experience
Skills and Knowledge:
- Administrative skills
- Knowledge of motor vehicle qualification system
- Possess health and safety knowledge and risk assessment
- Full valid driving licence
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and able to work to deadlines
- Possess effective written, oral and IT skills
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work flexibly. Working during day time, evenings and weekends
Remit Group is an Investors in People Gold and Health & Wellbeing awarded employer who pride ourselves on being a company putting our learners and colleagues at the heart of everything we do. As an equal opportunity, disability confident and safeguarding committed employer, we welcome applications from all who meet our minimum requirements and any prospective colleagues will be assessed as part of a fair and Safer Recruitment process. An offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check from the Disclosure & Barring Service and appropriate references. Read our data policy at www.remit.co.uk/privacy to find out more about how we store and handle applicants’ information.