To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone our HR Recruitment Assistant for more details on 0115 9759550
Salary: Competitive plus Company Car or Car Allowance
Summary and Main Purpose:
To contribute to the creation and implementation of the Quality Improvement Strategy and work closely with Managers and Development Coaches across the organisation to evaluate and enhance the quality of education securing consistently good and outstanding learning and progress.
- To contribute to the development of teaching, learning and assessment policies and procedures.
- To contribute to the design, development and delivery of blended learning Education and Training Qualifications.
- To carry out face to face and remote observations of teaching and learning, accurately evaluating the quality of education and identifying strengths and development areas.
- To provide high quality verbal and written feedback following observations, which evaluate the quality of the learning taking place and clearly identify areas for further development.
- To conduct joint lesson observations and support managers to accurately evaluate their provision and provide effective feedback and targeted improvement activity.
- To participate in observation standardisation and moderation processes to ensure judgments made about the quality of teaching, learning and assessment align to the standards expected.
- To work with Regional Managers/Directors to ensure that observation action plans are appropriate, effective and drive improvement, and that these link into a colleague’s 1-1 reviews.
- To work with Regional Managers/Directors to ensure individual personal development needs are captured within observation action plans, and that these link into colleagues’ 1-1 reviews.
- To work with Regional Managers/Directors to ensure that team and individual development needs are accurately identified and prioritised for training.
- To design and deliver one to one and group face to face and remote colleague development activities, in consultation with Managers, securing improvements in the quality of education.
- To coach and mentor colleagues where observations indicate support is needed to ensure learning and progress improves to be consistently good.
- To contribute to the development and use of peer observation, joint professional development, supported experiments and similar to support the professional development of colleagues, securing good quality education.
- To keep abreast of best practice related to learning, teaching and assessment and to disseminate this information effectively across the organisation.
- To work with Regional Managers and Development Coaches/tutors to promote the use of technology to support improvements in the quality of remote and blended learning.
- To work with the Curriculum team, Regional Managers and Development Coaches/tutors to promote health and safety, D&I, BV, personal development, employability and English and maths skills within the curriculum and at the learning interface.
- To support external partners in developing, implementing and embedding their own strategies to raise the standards and improve the quality of education.
- To undertake any other duties that the TLA Manager /Quality Nominee considers appropriate.
- Full teaching qualification (PGCE, DTLLS, Cert Ed or equivalent)
- Level 2 English qualification
- Level 2 maths qualification
- Assessor Award qualification (TAQA Level 3 or equivalent)
- Coaching qualification
- Knowledge of the Education Inspection Framework.
- Knowledge of current thinking regarding effective pedagogy, best practice and teaching and learning research and the impact of these on the quality of learning.
- Knowledge of current work-based learning measures of success and the implications for quality assurance and quality improvement.
- At least 5 years teaching/assessing experience within FE or an appropriate sector that has been judged to be consistently good within the last two years.
- Experience of providing innovative and well received remote colleague development to groups of colleagues which has resulted in improvements in the quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
- Experience of conducting face to face and remote observations and making judgments in line with the standards identified in the current Education Inspection Framework.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring individual colleagues which has raised standards.
- Experience of using technology to promote, assess and monitor learning, which resulted in improvements in the quality of education.
- Experience of embedding and promoting Diversity & Inclusion, British vales, Health and Safety, English and maths, personal development and employability at the learning interface.
- Experience of delivering good or better Apprenticeship/work-based learning outcomes within the last two years.
- Experience of leading/co-ordinating work-based learning quality assurance and quality improvement activities
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to inspire, influence and motivate colleagues to deliver excellence.
- Ability to analyse situations and recommend ways forward.
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise own workload.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and challenge in a supportive manner.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work at different venues and at different times of the day to meet the requirements of the role.
Remit Group is an Investors in People Gold and Health & Wellbeing awarded employer who pride ourselves on being a company putting our learners and colleagues at the heart of everything we do. As an equal opportunity, disability confident and safeguarding committed employer, we welcome applications from all who meet our minimum requirements and any prospective colleagues will be assessed as part of a fair and Safer Recruitment process. An offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check from the Disclosure & Barring Service and appropriate references. Read our data policy at www.remit.co.uk/privacy to find out more about how we store and handle applicants’ information.