To apply please email your CV to email@example.com or phone our HR Recruitment Assistant for more details on 0115 9759550
Summary and Main Purpose:
Remit Training are delighted to be recruiting for a Senior Business Development Consultant to support the growth of their IT & Digital Apprenticeship offer.
We are looking for a successful Business Development Manager, with a track record in sales and apprenticeships, with the skill, ambition, and relentless appetite for success, not only for themselves, but for Remit and our clients and learners. To be successful, you will have to confidently gain access to the key decision makers and influencers in an organisation across the IT & Digital markets, also being aware of and promoting our other products and services.
At Remit, we transform lives. We partner with Organisations to both source and upskill their key talent to create, facilitate and inspire high performing workforces. More so now than ever, IT & Digital transformation is critical to all organisations and we have a strong focus on growing in this area, nurturing tomorrows skills needs, today.
We are fast paced, passionate, and results focused, with learners at the centre of our organisation. This is a field-based role, so travel and being a self-starter with a proven track record in the territory and sector is essential. We love what we do because we do what we love, we believe that we can achieve great things and have fun whilst doing it.
Main Purpose of the role:
- Identify and engage with Levy paying employers to generate apprenticeship starts relating to our IT & Digital offer
- Identify and engage with SME’s that are likely to take on multiple apprenticeship starts relating to our IT & Digital Offer
- Proactively pursue new opportunities with new target customers, developing strong propositions, exceptional relationships at all levels and communicating our growing service offering across all key services.
- Generate own leads via field sales, cold calling, networking, and presentations to secure new employer accounts and promote our client as the Training Provider of choice.
- Manage and maximise employer relationships to secure new/repeat business
In return for your skills and experience you will receive a competitive salary plus an enhanced benefits package including company car or car allowance, fuel card, laptop and mobile phone, generous holiday allowance, pension scheme, flexible working, additional birthday annual leave and more.
More importantly, you will become part of a growing and dynamic team with the opportunity to nurture and develop the talent of some of the UK’s biggest and best brands. We will also invest in you, giving you access to continuous personal and professional development programmes, including Mental Health Awareness and Safeguarding. We want to support you to become an inspirational Remit colleague building a lifelong career in training.
- To grow revenue and identify strategies for future growth opportunities
- To identify, manage and win key opportunities primarily with large levy clients and with SME’s likely to take on multiple apprentices
- To manage financial aspects of each opportunity, including developing the opportunity budgets.
- To lead on proposal writing and presentation production and delivery for each opportunity.
- Maintain a high and frequent level of contact with key targets at all levels throughout customer organisations.
- Maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of target customers, businesses, products, challenges, and Remit’s competitors.
- Maintain sales plans and pipeline relevant to each opportunity.
- Promotion of the Remit Training business within target accounts organisations.
- To carry out other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs.
- Identification of opportunities to improve and develop business further.
- Understand Remit and client culture and values and work in line with these always.
- Functional skills at Level 2 in English, Maths and ICT or equivalent qualifications
- Educated to degree standard or with equivalent experience with excellent written and spoken communication skills with the ability to present at a senior level; fully computer literate and numerate
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Business Development role; working to, achieving and exceeding targets
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience of Business Development in a similar role within the apprenticeship sector
- A proven track record in delivering results through building trust and relationships with other companies
- Experience of undertaking travel, meeting existing and prospective clients, and attending networking events
- Experience of presenting ideas, in a consultative manner at the highest executive level
- Experience in development and implementation of strategic solutions
- Demonstrable experience of developing deep insight into prospective customers’ strategic growth plans – relating finding to our own product and service offering
- Experience of selling commercial training
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent negotiation, influencing & presentation skills
- Strong analytical and IT skills
- Proven experience of developing relationships, influencing, and negotiating with employers to secure new business.
- Extensive knowledge of the IT Sector
- Excellent communication, presentation, written and verbal skills
- Time management and organisational skills.
- Full valid driving licence
Personal Qualities and Attributes:
- Ability to demonstrate initiative
- Engaging, enthusiastic and driven
- Diplomatic and discreet in approach
- Ability to manage a complex and demanding workload
- Good time management with the ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload under pressure
- Strong team player
Remit Group is an Investors in People Gold and Health & Wellbeing awarded employer who pride ourselves on being a company putting our learners and colleagues at the heart of everything we do. As an equal opportunity, disability confident and safeguarding committed employer, we welcome applications from all who meet our minimum requirements and any prospective colleagues will be assessed as part of a fair and Safer Recruitment process. An offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check from the Disclosure & Barring Service and appropriate references. Read our data policy at www.remit.co.uk/privacy to find out more about how we store and handle applicants’ information.