To apply please email your CV to email@example.com or phone our HR Recruitment Assistant for more details on 0115 9759550
Location: Nottingham Head Office
Summary and Main Purpose:
As a key member of the finance team, the focus of this role is to provide regular analytical data and
reporting to drive decision making across the business. Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly
forecasting and detailed annual budget models with variance analysis.
- Timely production and development of a suite of KPIs, variance analysis, rolling forecasts
- and operational metrics tracking.
- Responsible for the interface between the MI systems and finance and the automation of
- upload processes between the two systems. Implementation of Power BI reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring data integrity and that all source data is accurate. Ensure accuracy
- of PFR.
- Creation of complex financial models to report and analyse past results, perform variance
- analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements. Implementation of
- version control for all models in one drive.
- Creation and maintenance of costing models for our sales products and ability to work with
- the sales team when required.
- Development of operation and financial KPIs, operational dashboards utilising Excel and
- Power BI. Responsible for the integrity of the data, ensuring data is accurate and accessible
- on a daily basis and that systems are built in to flag any variances.
- Establishment of reporting at client and learner level through Maytas, Power BI and SAGE to
- enable information to be interrogated at a detailed level for each. To ensure Maytas and
- SAGE are synchronised so data is harmonious on both systems.
- Reconciliation of cash report to forecasts.
- Revenue accounting, analysis & posting. Monitoring ESFA, SDS and WAG contract
- Review of receipts from ESFA & reconciliation to PFR & Cash Report
- Management of the process of updating Maytas with payments received
- Review of current processes and procedures within the finance department, recommending
- and implementing more efficient systems and controls and continually looking for areas of
- Promote a positive image of the Company and all of the services it delivers
- Actively contribute to maintenance of a professional and welcoming environment
- Any other duties reasonably requested by the line manager from time to time
- Educated to GCSE level grade C or above including Maths & English
- Relevant occupational qualification and a minimum of 2 years PQE:
- CIMA (Cost & Management Accountant)
- ACA (Chartered Accountant)
- ACCA (Certified Chartered Accountant)
- Expert user of Microsoft Office applications including Power BI, VBA
- and macros.
- Creation of financial models and dashboards.
- Knowledge of SQL and databases
- Writing technical specifications for reports and system improvements
- Relevant occupational sector experience, and/or current updated
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, oral and written
- Time Management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Must be able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Knowledge of Government Funded training
- Ability to travel to locations throughout the UK as required
- Full valid driving licence
- Overnight stays as required
Remit Group is an Investors in People Gold and Health & Wellbeing awarded employer who pride ourselves on being a company putting our learners and colleagues at the heart of everything we do. As an equal opportunity, disability confident and safeguarding committed employer, we welcome applications from all who meet our minimum requirements and any prospective colleagues will be assessed as part of a fair and Safer Recruitment process. An offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check from the Disclosure & Barring Service and appropriate references. Read our data policy at www.remit.co.uk/privacy to find out more about how we store and handle applicants’ information.