Stress, anxiety and depression are the biggest cause of sickness absence in our society. Mental ill health is responsible for 91 million working days lost every year.
Mental ill health:
- Costs UK employers £34.9 billion each year
- Accounts for 91 million working days lost every year
- Simple steps taken in the workplace can save 30% + of these costs
(Diagram adapted from Centre for Mental Health, 2017: Mental health at work: The business costs ten years on)
Two day Mental Health First Aid course
Remit Group is an Instructor Member approved by MHFA England to deliver Adult Mental Health First Aid.
We offer a two-day training course to support you to manage mental health and wellbeing proactively, minimise the impact of mental ill health on your business and your people and promote and maintain a healthy workplace.
- Proactively support and manage mental health and wellbeing
- Minimise the impact of mental ill health on your business and your people
- Promote and maintain a healthy workplace
- Teach practical skills to spot the signs of mental illness
- Learn how to step in and support a person who needs assistance
- Helps meet the recommended core standards for a healthy workplace as set out for all employers in the Government’s Thriving at Work report (Oct 2017)
Quality mental health training can help to:
- Build employees’ confidence to have open conversations around mental health and break the stigma
- Encourage people to access support early when needed, for a faster recovery
- Empower people with a long-term mental health issue or disability to thrive in work
- Promote a mentally healthy environment, stopping preventable issues and allowing people to thrive and become more productive
- Embed a long-term positive culture across the whole organisation, where employees recognise their mental and physical health are supported as equal parts of the whole person
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for those who want to gain the necessary skills to have supportive conversations, recognise the signs and symptoms of common workplace mental health issues and guide a person towards the appropriate support.
This two-day course qualifies you or your employees as Mental Health First Aiders, giving them:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress using the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgmental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether through self-help resources, internal support such as EAP, or external sources such as their GP
- An understanding of how to keep themselves safe while performing their duties
- Two-day face to face course across four manageable sessions
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
- Each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say they are a Mental Health First Aider
- A manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
- A copy of the Line Managers’ Resource, an invaluable source of advice on how to support an employee experiencing mental ill health
Why choose Remit?
Meet the core standards
Help meet the recommended core standards for a healthy workplace as set out for all employers in the Government’s Thriving at Work report.
Every MHFA England course is delivered by a qualified Remit Training Instructor who has completed an Instructor Training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
Our Instructors provide a safe, inclusive learning environment and are trained to support people throughout the whole course.
You’ll be joining a global community of over 3 million people around the world who have trained in MHFA skills.
Commissioning this training means investing in the wellbeing of your workforce. By choosing this MHFA England two-day course you are supporting the mental health of those who need it most.
The MHFA course is written by subject experts, grounded in research, and tested by people with lived experience of mental ill health. It is proven to make a lasting difference to people’s knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health.
If you would like to know more about the business benefits of Mental Health First Aid training,
or to book a consultation please complete the form below and one of our instructors will be in contact: