The IT Professional apprenticeship level 3 framework is suitable for those employers looking to upskill existing colleagues or recruit new apprentices into the workplace.
The IT Professional Apprenticeship is made up of qualifications (certificates and diplomas) and learning that will provide apprentices with the skills and knowledge required to become competent in their chosen job role. This framework requires a minimum of 111 credits.
The framework includes a balance
of content in technical, business and interpersonal areas, designed to ensure apprentices have an appropriate set of skills to operate in today’s IT & Telecoms job roles. The technical content includes a choice of units for software development, web development, technical support, telecommunications and databases.
On programme support
- Dedicated Remit digital skills trainers
- EP (electronic portfolio)
We help our employer partners to understand and manage the cost of delivering relevant qualifications. Using available funding, we work hard to make sure we offer a cost-effective solution, with a demonstrable return on investment.
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or competence) qualification:
- Diploma in ICT professional competence
- Diploma in ICT professional competence (PROCOM)
- Diploma in professional competence for IT and telecoms professionals
Apprentices will also achieve a theory – based (or ‘knowledge’) qualification:
- Certificate in ICT systems and principals
- Certificate in ICT systems and principles
- Certificate in ICT systems and principles for advanced bowman apprentices
Benefits to your organisation
- Our programmes are tailored to your organisation
- Our people become your people
- Reduce recruitment costs and develop new recruits
- Increase productivity and your bottomline
- Develop a skilled and motivated workforce
- Make hiring simpler and cheaper
- Flexibility for existing employees
- Fill your skills gaps